GnuCash Income - How to manage?

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Wed Jul 8 19:09:53 EDT 2015

I see someone caught the DR CR reversal.  Debit (DR) an asset (Cash) to
increase it, Credit (CR) an asset to decrease it.  Another point:
Income tax withholding should be an asset of yours (and a liability to
the government), after all that money is yours, not the government's,
until the return is filed and to tax is paid.  This way you will have an
entry of the actual income tax bill in your gc records.  You just deduct
the withholding amount from the total tax and that is what you pay, or
if the withholding is more, then that is what you expect back, otherwise
all you records show is a series of payments (on your paycheck) and the
balance at the end.

John