Another grouping of Aging Accounts Receivable report

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Fri Jul 10 16:48:31 EDT 2015

Hi Erik,
  Thanks for sharing your results with me. I think I implemented the same changes you have made, but I could not get it to work. If I replace aging.scm with my modified version, the report refuses to load and reports only that the report crashed. I can say that I was able to edit the file without the report crashing, so it's not caused by my editor. However, the crashing seems to happen somewhat randomly. For example, I was able to change "days" to "doys" as a test, but I was not able to change "0-30" to "0-7."

  As an aside, I also looked into saving the report as a custom report rather than replacing aging.scm in the default location. Unfortunately, that did not work out well. I found http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports on the GnuCash wiki, which seems to promise to show me how to do exactly that, but the most basic part of the tutorial (adding a custom report, "my-report.scm," to the Reports menu) did not work. Since I know almost nothing about GnuCash development and even less about Scheme and Guile, I can't say what when wrong. However, there were several references to fairly old versions of GnuCash, so I wonder if those instructions are not accurate for my version of GnuCash (2.6.3). Given the instability of other parts of GnuCash, I would not be surprised if this part of it has changed and that wiki has not been updated. If anyone can point me to an up-to-date set of those instructions, I would be grateful.

Best,
John