Changed Entry Dates after updating from 2.6.4-2 to 2.6.6 and/or 2.6.7

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 21:36:46 EDT 2015

On 7/12/2015 6:36 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Jul 12, 2015, at 10:53 AM, Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> But it could all be settled in a minute if you or Fred or I had sight of the file.  I trust you and other people on the simple premise that we have nothing to gain from seeing Detlef's file.
>>
>> I think until D tells us the format of his file so we can test it in the two versions we should presume there is summat wrong with the file.
>>
>> Detlef: I trust myself, JohnR and Fred.  i.e. you don't have to trust me.
>>
>> I think we (or at least one of us) needs sight of your file, until then we are just guessing.
> Detlef could also test whether it’s a file problem by simply creating a new file. If it shows the correct date then you’re right; if it’s off in 2060 then Fred and I are.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

...And Detlef's new file would not have sensitive data in it unless he
had to include sensitive data to trigger the problem.  I think that John
is correct to explore the obscure nooks and crannies in the many
different programs involved in the development process and in the target
user environments.  I encourage Detlef to help John get to the bottom of
the problem.  Even if it is caused by use of an unusual keyboard or type
font or by an intentional deviation from standard data representation as
admitted by another user recently, the problem should still be
identified.  Where possible, the program should not fail or should at
least fail gracefully.

David C