Bayesian matching- Imbalance

C Peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net
Tue Jul 14 11:32:06 EDT 2015

I'm running- GnuCash r21973 on 2013-01-03 on Linux.

When importing a QFX file into my credit card account many of the
imported transactions are "matched" incorrectly. For example; "Sunoco
Car fuel" ends up in the transfer column with the name Expense: Food
which is incorrect.

The Bayesian matching is set but I don't know what the proper levels are
to be set to...or whether that'll solve any problems.

Many of the imported QFX transactions end up in the "Imbalanced USD"
account.

Fixing this stuff takes way too much time.

Do you have any idea what should be done and how to fix matching so the
purchases are correctly labeled in the "transfer" column?

Thanks,

Alex