Advanced Portfolio problems

dunbrokin dunbrokin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 04:24:08 EDT 2015

In the Advanced Portfolio, when calculated in my native currency of NZ$,
the Value number of each holding not in NZ$ is calculated incorrectly. It
seems the US$ number is multiplied by the NZ$ rate rather than being
divided by it. Hence I get a lower value than I should do....For example I
have 523 shares in BBBY (Bed Bath and Beyond) they are currently trading at
US$68.80. I would expect the value of them to be around NZ$53,129 and
instead it is showing a valuation of NZ$35,982.

On a another matter. When I cut and paste the Advanced Portfolio
information into a Calc sheet in LibreOffice, the money amounts i.e.
NZ$1000 becomes text and I cannot work out how to make it a number so that
I can add up various parts of various columns. I have to go thorough the
spreadsheet and change them all manually to make them a number...there must
be a better way of doing this?

Thanks and keep up the good work!