Bayesian matching- Imbalance

Mark Sutton mes at lazo.ca
Thu Jul 16 21:18:57 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:11:49AM -0400, David T. wrote:
> I will mention that some time ago, a user wrote in about pruning the Bayesian matching portion of their data file. You might search the archives and see whether the code for that was made available or not…

Yes that perl script was posted to the list.
Should be sometime before the 4th of March.
I have not used yet since if i have to edit
the file by hand to remove the massive
about of junk it has accumulated over the years,
I want to be able to stop it from adding more afterwards.

It has gone from matching 90+% to not matching 70%,
and exporting the chart of accounts includes all the bayes keys.

It is sad to hear the data in SQL is more difficult to work  with
than the XML. I had hoped the bayes data would be in it's own table
or column, or have keys a SELECT could fetch and delete.

I thought the trade off with XML was an increase in storage requirements
in return for an easier ability for the uninitiated to read and understand
the organization of the data, self describing data.
But 12 instances of the word "slot" to store a tuple of token, account name
and weight? for a token of "-"?

The data file should really have the suffix .slot, not .gnucash

Don't get me wrong, I like gnucash, it makes perfect sense to me.
I'm not saying double entry book keeping was the only thing of value
to come from Venice, but it is at the top. Once one groks debit/credit
nothing else will suffice.

cheers, mark