Bayesian matching- Imbalance

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jul 17 00:04:19 EDT 2015

> On Jul 16, 2015, at 6:18 PM, Mark Sutton <mes at lazo.ca> wrote:
>
> I thought the trade off with XML was an increase in storage requirements
> in return for an easier ability for the uninitiated to read and understand
> the organization of the data, self describing data.
> But 12 instances of the word "slot" to store a tuple of token, account name
> and weight? for a token of "-"?
>
> The data file should really have the suffix .slot, not .gnucash

;)

I absolutely agree with that, and more: KVP must die.

As Derek is exceedingly fond of pointing out, GnuCash isn’t a database program. It’s an OO program with two kinds of object store, XML and SQL. The object-relational mapper is very straightforward but wasn’t designed for being directly queried. Its on the roadmap to change that but there’s a lot of prep work in the way.

Regards,
John Ralls