Need custom report?

Wm... tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 16:57:14 EDT 2015

Thu, 16 Jul 2015 06:21:31 <1437052891321-4679494.post at n4.nabble.com>
Oliver64 <jagjit at gmx.com> wrote...

>Thanks for your quick answer!
>Maybe I am too picky, but what I do not like about the CashFlow is that
>
>1) I cannot select the ExpenseAccounts but only the BankAccounts

That says you do not understand the report.  You can use any combination
of accounts.  It says what went in and out.

I sometimes use it upside down, i.e. I choose an expense account (say
shoes from your example below) and it does what I know it should do.

>2) The report does not show subtotals of the parent accounts

I don't think you understand what is being shown.

>3) Expense Accounts appear in the Income & Expense section: Means when my
>wife buys 5 pairs of shoes on Amazon to select (250EUR) and later on returns
>4 of them (200EUR), I would like to see just one number: Expense:Shoes =
>50EUR, and not have to manually add 2 numbers later on...

Why?  The report is showing the flow of money.  Your liabilities
increased when the purchase was made and decreased afterwards.

>So best case I would like to combine theses reports somehow in scheme files
>? plus very-best case also add the starting/ending balance of the related
>accounts...

Learn Lisp and onwards to Scheme ?

>Anyone an idea?

Have a limited set of transactions in mind (you bought something and got
a refund the next day) and put that through the Cash Flow from *all* of
the accounts POV, i.e. the expense and income accounts too.

IMO it is the fact that the report is correct that makes people think it
is wrong :)

--
Wm...