Need custom report?

Dorel Ciornei dorelciornei at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 11:37:14 EDT 2015

Oliver,I had many times the same issue when returning things I bought.But think how this actually happens:
When you buy you use a credit/debit card, a check or cash.When you return, the money you get back have to go in a similar account, usually back a credit to your card, or they give you cash.So when you record that 'deposit' you select your expense account used to record the transaction in the first place.You can make a note that the transaction is 'Returned shoes' or whatever.
So it is one entry only.
When you run the report, it will show indeed that you spent 250 on shoes, then it will show a 'negative' expense of 200 (Returned shoes), total expense 50.
I find that pretty straight forward and it works for my reporting needs.
Now, if I wanted to change the way the report looks in a significant way, then I usually export it to an Excel spreadsheet.