investment

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Jul 20 08:58:45 EDT 2015

> I've helped some friends with this sort of thing before.  Mainly the
> interface between formalised religious finance and practical use.

The fact that the motivation for this kind of "loan" might be religious
(Sharia law) is irrelevant. Atheists might equally well be involved with
partnerships and joint ventures. Simply look up "accounting for joint
ventures" and apply what you learn there to doing it with gnucash. Or
"accounting for limited partnerships"  (in this sort of arrangement, the
lender would be a limited partner, the borrower the general partner).

Michael D Novack