Split transaction and figure 4.1 in the guide

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Jul 20 10:03:50 EDT 2015

I was hoping for some kind of "dummy account" that would not interfere
with Gnucash regular accounts and where all the amounts of those "Before
tax" would accumulate. It was only something I was hopping for. Even if
this is not possible Gnucash is still the best software I found after
fifteen year of Quicken. Den

There are few limitations imposed by gnucash. "Dummy accounts" are
certainly possible. But USUALLY what people are asking for is to have
the effect of these dummy accounts without the addition of steps to
their work flow. If you are willing to do the extra work (when entering
transactions) there is very little you can't have.

Michael D Novack