"This account register is read-only. If you want to edit transactions in this register, please open the account options and turn off the placeholder checkbox."

Sean Porterfield gnc20150530 at sf.porterfield.net
Thu Jul 23 20:12:53 EDT 2015

On 07/23/15 19:28, Veronica Kendik wrote:

> When opening gnucash, I'm getting the following error message: "This account
> register is read-only. If you want to edit transactions in this register,
> please open the account options and turn off the placeholder checkbox." This
> is the first time this has happened, previous use has been fine.
>
> Can someone point me to the accounts option section as I can't seem to see
> this? Or is this the accounts tab?  Do I have to check each and every
> account separately and individually to see if it's been marked as
> placeholder account or is there a quicker way to identify placeholder
> accounts?

You have a register (account) open, so the tab title should indicate
which account it is you need to change.  Even so, you should be able to
just click Edit Account from the Edit menu (or Ctrl-E) to make that change.

On the accounts tab, click the arrow over the far right column and check
the Placeholder entry to see the placeholder flag for each account.
--
Sean Porterfield