"This account register is read-only. If you want to edit transactions in this register, please open the account options and turn off the placeholder checkbox."

Veronica Kendik veekendik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 19:28:02 EDT 2015

Hi

I'm fairly new to gnucash and I've hit a snag that I hope someone can help
me with please.

When opening gnucash, I'm getting the following error message: "This account
register is read-only. If you want to edit transactions in this register,
please open the account options and turn off the placeholder checkbox." This
is the first time this has happened, previous use has been fine.

Can someone point me to the accounts option section as I can't seem to see
this? Or is this the accounts tab?  Do I have to check each and every
account separately and individually to see if it's been marked as
placeholder account or is there a quicker way to identify placeholder
accounts?

Thanks in advance for your help.