Turn off the copy a transaction

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sat Jul 25 14:57:32 EDT 2015

I am attempting to learn how to enter transactions in gc.  The
background features of changing data as I enter things is frustrating,
but I am now trying to follow the inst in the help system.  There is a
'feature' that copies an existing transaction to the one being entered
if the name matches.  Unfortunately this means that the transaction must
then be edited, unless , for example, all employees get the same wage
with deductions every payday (usually not the case).  Can  this be
turned off?  I did not see it in Preferences.

John