Possible memory leak

Paul Warthe warthes7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 20:09:30 EDT 2015

Hi gang,

Here's something which has been baffling me. I've been using GnuCash for
about 6 months now to manage my home finances and ever since I noticed I
have been running out of RAM. I never thought that it might be GnuCash until
just recently. I had restarted my computer about a month ago and hadn't had
time to do much on it - far too much going on in my personal life. I hadn't
done anything with GnuCash until this past weekend when I took a couple of
evenings to get caught up on 5 weeks of receipts, bill payments, etc. Now, I
am almost out of RAM again. Thinking through my experiences of "Low Memory"
warnings, they always seemed to come after spending time in GnuCash. I don't
leave the program open, but I'm wondering if there is some memory leaking
which continues after I close the program. After a reboot I seem to be fine
until I use GnuCash, then eventually the memory gets used up until I reboot
again.

I started with GnuCash 2.6.3, then 2.6.5 and now 2.6.6. I am running a Dell
Precision 360 with Windows Vista Business, Intel Core 2 6300 32-bit CPU and
4 GB Ram. All MS patches are up-to-date.

You input in tracking this down would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul W.