Lost Checks - No Payee - Best Practice

Milton Stern drmoshe5 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:11:52 EDT 2015

I wasn't clear on my reconciliation process. Likely redundant.

I keep a paper and electronic register (GnuCash)
1. I compare the bank statement with my paper register.
2. I download/import transactions into GnuCash with
matching/reclassification as appropriate [I haven't been able to get the
direct connect to work with Ally Bank :-(    Anybody that knows the exact
settings?]
3. I then reconcile the bank statement (if matches paper register) with
GnuCash.

Moshe