Lost Checks - No Payee - Best Practice

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 07:53:47 EDT 2015

Mon, 8 Jun 2015 20:18:31
<CACzT_q_kc6HDpw8kY3CykYQoUqz2UhG0Bi2QFnO1Zk5eYaAWpQ at mail.gmail.com>
Milton Stern <drmoshe5 at gmail.com>

>Thank you for the explanations.

>It gives me a bit more of a picture of how things integrate.

>I deal with information systems and databases, and frequently look for
>integrated tracking, checks and balances.
>I was just trying to find the best way of tracking of a jump in check
>numbers,

if you don't trust folk don't expect us to do your homework

> with easy identification of possible future fraudulent check
writing. (I don't trust the bank to identify a fraudulent check. Banks
frequently cash checks that are even missing signatures, dates and have
wrong names.)

Listen, pal, your problem is *not* the bank.  It is the people, admit
that and move on, ffs

I am trying to avoid maintaining 2 databases for this purpose. Since I
can
not use a blank transfer account transaction, nor the "Orphan" account,
guess a separate payeeless Voided Check account may be my best option.

Nope, you just say, no cheques, folks, all expenses need to be approved
until further notice.  Thanks

--
Wm...