Can't schedule transaction

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 12:47:06 EDT 2015

Sat, 30 May 2015 08:24:01
<CAL=0gLuGjfHnXdc5Z0WqXJd6ApON5-4Gk9jP7noHsgd6NB-Uwg at mail.gmail.com>
Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com>

>On 29 May 2015 at 17:16, Heide Wang <heidew99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Open my guncach, my test schedule transaction works! Thanks to Colin,
>David and Volker.  I still don’t know what I did differently with
>this test transaction, But I will delete all my previous schedule
>transaction (which did not work), and recreate the list.

>Don't delete them and recreate otherwise you will never know what was
wrong and it will likely happen again.  Examine the transactions in
the Scheduled Transaction Editor and compare the non-working ones with
the working one so you can see the difference.  Then you can fix them.

Also: once you have found a suitable combination of settings record them
in

Edit / Preferences / Scheduled Transactions

my settings are

run when data file opened    tick  <-- useful if you open/close gnc
                                        rather than leaving it running
show notification            tick  <-- recommended to begin with, you
                                        can turn it off later

auto-create                  tick  <-- hey, you want it to save you
                                        work, right?
notify                       tick  <-- I like the reminder
create in advance            45 days   your choice, I use SX to predict
                                        short term cash flow
remind in advance             0 days   let me know that it has
                                        happened not that it is
                                        going to happen

Other people will have different settings but it may help to understand
what the settings mean.

--
Wm...