Lost Checks - No Payee - Best Practice

Milton Stern drmoshe5 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:49:34 EDT 2015

You all make good points.

I was just thinking that a duplicate check NUMBER entry (Description: "Lost
Check" vs "whatever the fraudulent check description may be") would be more
obvious, and less likely overlooked, than a "non-entry" vs "whatever the
fraudulent check description may be".  - Especially with the bank register
import methods available (new, match and overwrite, or match and don't
overwrite).

A "Lost Check" account would work. May I ask if it would be inappropriate
to match with the "Orphan" account?
I'm not clear on the "Orphan" usage.