Debtor transfer without invoice

Rogier van Eeten rogier at blauwblaatje.nl
Tue Jun 2 16:21:43 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm new to gnucash and I can't get gnucash to do something. I'm
treasurer of a small sports club and trying to convert the bookkeeping
from a collection of excel files to gnucash.

We've got around 50 members and every month everyone should pay their
contribution. But sometimes members forget that. I would like an
overview who is late with what and how much we should still receive. My
solution was that I would make everyone a customer and use the debtors
ledger. This works partially. If I create an invoice for every month, I
can see every invoice in the customer report. But this is a lot of work
to do every month.

What I would like to do is transfer money from the customer account to
the contribution ledger. This is way quicker than 50 invoices. I see the
transfer in both ledgers, but if I look at the Customer Summary, it's
booked under "No Customer". Also the customer report for the member
returns empty.

So, am I doing something wrong? Is there another easy way to do this
that I missed?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rogier