importing Gnucash doc to new pc

Sean Porterfield gnc20150530 at sf.porterfield.net
Sat Jun 6 19:01:18 EDT 2015

On 06/06/15 15:48, Eoin Mellett wrote:
> I have been successfully using Gnucash 2.6.3 version on my old pc for the
> past six months.
>
> I got a new pc with Windows 8 and downloaded the latest version Gnucash
> 2.6.6.
>
> I saved the original on a memory stick but I can't  open this or copy
it to
> the new version on the new pc.

What error do you get?

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Where_is_my_GnuCash_data_file.3F

Did you copy the correct .gnucash file rather than a log?  Depending on
where you saved it on the old computer, you may want to just copy the
entire folder to the new PC into a correspondingly similar location.  (I
hope my wording is not too vague here; I have not used GnuCash on Windows.)
-- Sean Porterfield