importing Gnucash doc to new pc

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sun Jun 7 08:56:11 EDT 2015

On 6/6/2015 3:48 PM, Eoin Mellett wrote:
> I have been successfully using Gnucash 2.6.3 version on my old pc for the
> past six months.
> I got a new pc with Windows 8 and downloaded the latest version Gnucash
> 2.6.6.
> I saved the original on a memory stick but I can't  open this or copy it to
> the new version on the new pc.
>
> I am a volunteer treasurer with a charity and I will need to update the
> accounts soon but I haven't a clue how to proceed.help!
>
> Thanks, Angela

Angela,
     This is really about moving ANY of the data from the old computer
to the new computer (all of your folders of documents, etc.). Have you
managed to do that? Since you are not just changing machines but
changing operating systems at the same time, it might take you a bit
learning how Windows 8 does things.

     WHAT did you save on the memory stick? You say "original", I hope
by that you didn't mean the original PROGRAM but the original DATA. It
is the DATA you will be moving from the old machine to the new; the
programs you will be reinstalling on the new machine, a different
process than simply moving.

Michael