How to create a report of transactions that match certain criteria?

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Tue Jun 9 08:18:02 EDT 2015

> Thank you John,
> I see how to do that... is there any way to create a report of that,
> or to export that register?
> Also, it seems that the memo line is not included in that view.  Is
> there any way to include the memo line in the view (or, ideally, in
> the exported data)?

Important (or at least useful) with a question like this is to explain
what is meant by "certain criteria"

One level of problem if the search/match criteria are of the (simple)
sort that might be found by the sort of "find" or "search" that you
could do with what you might have on a screen. But quite another if the
criteria are far beyond that, so you would clearly have to export and
feed that file to a "program" ("script" ---- a 'nix shell plus the
standard utilities represent a powerful enough "language" to do whatever
is computable).

For example of that sort of criteria ---- find all transactions for
which there is another transaction with the same payee and amount.

Michael