Crash with transaction report.

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 00:39:16 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Richard Dawson <rcdawson at att.net> wrote:

> I corrected the one orphan, then reran the result.  Same result.
>
> I tried to find a newer version of gnucash, but was unable to find one
> short of trying to compile from source.  Not something I have done, so a
> little reluctant.
>
> Any more ideas?
>
> Richard

I believe you said you are running Linux Mint (version not specified). If I
recall, MOST of the versions of Mint are derivatives of Ubuntu LTS
versions, so that's why you're seeing the version of GnuCash that was
current in Debian when Ubuntu 14.04 LTS was frozen in early 2014.

The simplest way to get a more recent version of GnuCash is to go to
http://getdeb.net and follow the instructions for adding its repository to
your system.

At GetDeb, BE CERTAIN to choose the right "upstream" version of Ubuntu that
your version of Mint is based on, or you may cause some strange
compatibility issues when you try to install the packages. I am looking at
the release notes for Mint 17.1 KDE, which says "Linux Mint 17.1 is based
on Ubuntu 14.04." http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_rebecca_kde.php

P.S.: if GetDeb works, and you appreciate the ease of installing the latest
GnuCash, consider a modest donation to GetDeb to pay for their server
expenses.