Profits and disposable income

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 11 03:36:14 EDT 2015

Rob,

Your disposable income is your income for a month less any committed
expenditure for that month. For example the committed expenditure would
include things like mortgage payments, loan payments, and expenses you
are generally committed to in advance or on a recurring basis ( may be
weekly, monthly , annual etc.). You would normally work your disposable
income out in advance ( e.g. by creating a budget). Your disposable
income, i.e. the income which is not already committed to pre-existing
expenses is then available for spending on discretionary items in the
month concerned, including additional payments on your mortgage.

David