Combo accounting: cash & non-cash accounting

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Jun 16 04:22:16 EDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-06-15 at 22:18 +0300, Chachi Francis wrote:
>  Parents
> are also supposed to submit Maize, Beans, Sugar and Rice, and this is
> done separately.

Is it just these 4 items or are any number of non-monetary items
acceptable - building/fire wood, practical work, potatoes.... I.e. can
someone come and say, sorry I do not have rice, but instead I brought
potatoes?

If former, maybe defining the four items as a separate "currency" each
will be the solution? You then operate 5 separate currency accounts -
rice, sugar, beans maize, money.

If latter, it seems that you employ some sort of equivalency  payment,
each of which, even if it comes in non-monetary form has for you a -
presumably well defined "1kg rice = 500g sugar = £1" -  monetary value.

Peter