Deleting customers (editing customer on Invoice)

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jun 22 14:58:36 EDT 2015

On Monday 22 June 2015 12:12:56 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Plutocrat <plutocrat at gmail.com> writes:
> > Christoph Holtermann wrote on Monday, 22 June, 2015 12:56 AM:
> >> Yes it will; you just clicked on the wrong button.  You clicked on
> >> "Edit>>
> >> Good news (for me), you are correct :)
> >> Select un-posted invoice,
> >>
> >> Fom menu:
> >>  Edit > Edit Invoice
> >>
> >> and voilà!
> >> I probably gave up many versions ago :)
> >
> > Oh! Fantastic. I couldn't figure out how to change the invoice
> > number
> > previously, so resorted to hacking around in the XML file
> > eventually. Nice to know there's a better way to do this. I'd
> > probably vote in the 'a bit too hidden' camp, and would welcome a
> > more obvious button somewhere.
>
> See my reply ...  5th button in the invoice window toolbar is "Edit
> Invoice" to bring up that dialog.
>
> Blame the GTK/Gnome developers that there are no longer labels under
> the button icons.  :-(

This particular option can still be overridden by a Gtk/Gnome user by
altering the .gtkrc-2.0 file:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Q:_What_if_I_need_to_change_another_visual_aspect.2C_not_covered_by_.22Select_Theme.22.3F

This is a link to our Windows FAQ, but the essence is equally valid for
other operating systems.

Note there is also a drawback to enabling text in the toolbar buttons:
the buttons get wider and depending on the locale very much so. That
usually means several buttons drop off at the right side (actually get
hidden behind an arrow). That makes them much less discoverable again as
well. So there is a trade-off to make here. Gtk/Gnome apparently chose
to go for more difficult to guess, but at least visible as much as
possible..

Regards,

Geert