Troubleshooting

Bruno Lima brunocadelima at me.com
Mon Jun 22 23:38:51 EDT 2015

Dear Gnucash team - my deepest appreciation on the outstanding software built.

I am using a MacBook Pro, Intel, running OS X Yosemite (10.10.1).

Gnucash is working, but I am unable to have the Real-time quote updated.

Troubleshooting:

(gnc-fq-update) -> updated (1.37).

sudo /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update
Password:
Reading '/Users/BrunoCAdeLima/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Tue, 23 Jun 2015 02:17:02 GMT
Finance::Quote is up to date (1.37).

(gnc-fq-dump) -> working, with any symbol.

/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump nyse V
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: V                    <=== required
      date: 06/22/2015           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 69.09                <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 69.09                <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

However, when I click on the Price Editor, and try to get the online quotes, the following message shows up: “There was a system error while retrieving the prices”. (screenshot).

How this can be fixed? done some search and even re-installed the sudo cpan install HTML::TableExtract

But, no success so far.

Thanks and Regards,
Bruno