Deleting customers (editing customer on Invoice)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 23 16:29:39 EDT 2015

Christoph Holtermann <c.holtermann at gmx.de> writes:

> I guess it's not intuitive that there are two edit windows and one of
> them changes between view and edit. When I have this view/edit changed
> to edit then I am happy because I can edit. But actually I can't do
> all the editing because for all I have to go to the 2nd level of
> editing windows. If I don't know that there is a 2nd level then I
> won't search for it because I don't know there is something to look
> for. (At least I'm not the only one who did so.) So improvements could
> be made in the direction of making it more visible that the editing
> process has two stages. And I wonder why there have to be two stages
> because the items in the 2nd dialog are essentially the same as in the
> first with the only advantage that they can actually be used. the only
> additional button is a radio button on top and a help button.
>
>         But actually this just comes down to the point
>         that the edit menu is a bit too hidden for my
>         opinion.
>
>     There are two easy (IMHO) ways to get to it.
>
> Yes they're easy. I admit. For those who know.
>
> regards,
>
> Christoph

As I said before, when I first wrote this code there were labels under
all the toolbar icons, so at the top of page, right in front of you, was
a button labeled "Edit Invoice".  What happened is that those labels
were turned off by default in the intervening decade, making the UI
"less intuitive".  Basically what you're asking for is to get that
change reversed and put the labels back on the buttons.  Personally I
would support that effort, but I live in English-land, where the labels
are relatively short.  As Geert mentioned, in some languages those
labels can get very long and as a result it pushes some buttons off the
edge.