Deleting customers (editing customer on Invoice)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 23 16:36:20 EDT 2015

Christoph Holtermann <c.holtermann at gmx.de> writes:

>> I made the same comment years ago. Derek's argument then was it was
>> implemented as is to prevent accidental changes to the invoice's main
>> section (invoice number, owner, date,...). I never really liked the
>> double interface but got sidetracked and never came up with a better
>> approach.
>>
>> I could imagine other ways now like for example adding a lock symbol to
>> the upper section which you can click to unlock these fields. That's a
>> metaphor used quite often by Apple to prevent accidental changes to
>> important data.
>>
>> For me that would even eliminate the need for a separate invoice
>> creation/edit window (the second level you speak of).
> I like that. I thought of a lock symbol, too.

The lock paradigm didn't exist 15 years ago when I wrote this code.
Although I would still want a way to copy-and-paste but not "modify" the
text if it's locked.  I'm not sure the right way to do that?  Maybe
change the widget from Label to Text Edit??