Importing from Quicken 2001

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 15:02:19 EDT 2015

Bob,

I did the same thing years back, and I seem to recall that there was an option to download all accounts and categories, and that I was able to get everything in one pass.

I will advise you to plan to go through the process a few times, because you can tweak your Quicken data to make a better GnuCash result. Trial and error will lead you well on this—or at least it did for me.

The process goes better if you have been consistent in entering in categories; Quicken will allow you to enter transactions without a category; these transactions will look ugly in GnuCash.

Good luck,
David