lock files are not getting deleted

scar scar at drigon.com
Mon Jun 29 18:21:29 EDT 2015

i've updated my system to ubuntu 14.04 and, with that, gnucash has
unfortunately been updated.  i hate these forced updates, because
everything was working fine before.  gnucash is now version 2.6.1, built
from rev 76cba80+ on 2014-02-19.

everytime i open gnucash i receive the error "GnuCash could not obtain
the lock" for my books.  usually when i got this message it was because
gnucash wasn't shut down properly or something--either way, the lock
file issue was resolved next time i opened my books.  however, now it
seems the lock files are never cleared out even when i quit gnucash
normally, so now i am receiving this error every time i start gnucash.
in addition, the width of my columns never gets saved and i am
constantly having to re-adjust the width of columns just so i can read
things properly....