Start Day of Weekly Report

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:37:27 EDT 2015

> On 30 Jun 2015, at 01:05, John Morris <johnjeff at editide.us> wrote:
>
> Hi William,
>  Thank you for responding to my plea for help. I apologize for omitting my OS. I'm using GnuCash 2.6.5 in MacOS X 10.10.3 (Yosemite) on a MacBook Pro. I have selected Monday as the first day of the week in the Language & Region pane of the System Preferences. The calendar in the Dashboard and the Calendar application both give me weeks that start on Monday. My weekly reports still run from Sunday to Saturday. Closing out of GnuCash, switching my locale to France (a region where the default first day of the week is Monday), and restarting GnuCash still gives me weeks that start with Sunday.
>
>  It is nice to know that it is possible to have a weekly report that starts with Monday. I wish I could find the setting that will accomplish this for me.
>
> Best,
> John
>
>> On Jun 28, 2015, at 8:55 AM, Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Mon, 22 Jun 2015 00:27:59 <A9182E19-7188-4454-875D-CE0643F9B723 at editide.us>  John Morris <johnjeff at editide.us>
>>
>>> I have finally found the time to experiment a little with some more reports and I have run into a small problem. When a set a transaction report to subtotal weekly, it starts the weeks on a Sunday, regardless of when the report starts. Any transactions occurring between the start date I choose and the following Sunday are simply ignored. I would like the subtotal to always go from Monday to Monday. Is that possible in GnuCash?
>>
>> Mine are Monday to Sunday as that is what I have set up in my Win OS. You don't say what your OS is (your headers suggest some Apple and therefore *nix flavour) but I'm pretty sure gnc just inherits it along with other Locale specific stuff.
>>
>> --
>> Wm...

Morning, John.

I’m using Gnucash 2.6.3 on my iMac, with OS X 10.10.3, set up to use Monday to start the week in calendars, etc.

I’ve just produced a Transaction Report with weekly subtotals for my current bank account, setting the date range 1st May 2015 to 30th June 2015, and this behaves correctly.

Although the starting date I’ve set isn’t a Monday (the 1st of May was a Friday this year), the report for that week starts on the preceding Monday (27th April).

Similarly, although the ending date is today (Tuesday), the report stops on the last Sunday included within my selected date range, i.e. Sunday 28th June.

Before jumping to the conclusion that this fault has arisen because of a bug introduced between versions 2.6.3 and 2.6.5, it would be prudent to check your files against version 2.6.3 on your computer.

Michael