Reports: Include second column for previous period

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 13:45:52 EST 2015

Sat, 7 Mar 2015 09:43:06 <1425750186964-4676693.post at n4.nabble.com>
YeOldHinnerk <HRamthun at gmx.de>

>Sorry, but I do not follow. From my point of view, it is a completely
>unreasonable request to switch tools for reports, when all the information
>sits in GnuCash. Also, manual transfer takes time and is error prone.
>
>I tried doing budgeting in Excel, because this is another weakness of
>GnuCash. The result is, after having gone through all the manual steps a
>couple of times, the process died, because it too cumbersome. Now I'm not
>doing budgeting anymore.
>
>Let me put it another way: If GnuCash was only about storing data, why is it
>not simply a database? It isn't, because it is not only about storing data.
>It is about evaluating data. And reports are the most natural way of doing
>this. Reports should be a strength of GnuCash, not something that is being
>neglected, because you could do it elsewhere.

Deity on jetski!  What do you think David T and I are suggesting?

*inside* gnc choose

  Reports
  Sample & Custom
  Custom Multicolumn Report
  General tab
        No of cols 2
  Contents tab
        choose P&L add
        do the same again
  OK

You will now have 2 P&L reports side by side.  You can adjust the dates,
etc for each by using the Edit Options at the bottom of each report.

There is lots more that you can do here.

What we didn't know until a moment ago was that you'd simply not
understood what David T was suggesting.

--
Wm...