Reports: Include second column for previous period

YeOldHinnerk HRamthun at gmx.de
Sat Mar 7 12:43:06 EST 2015

Sorry, but I do not follow. From my point of view, it is a completely
unreasonable request to switch tools for reports, when all the information
sits in GnuCash. Also, manual transfer takes time and is error prone.

I tried doing budgeting in Excel, because this is another weakness of
GnuCash. The result is, after having gone through all the manual steps a
couple of times, the process died, because it too cumbersome. Now I'm not
doing budgeting anymore.

Let me put it another way: If GnuCash was only about storing data, why is it
not simply a database? It isn't, because it is not only about storing data.
It is about evaluating data. And reports are the most natural way of doing
this. Reports should be a strength of GnuCash, not something that is being
neglected, because you could do it elsewhere.

Best,

YeOldHinnerk