GnuCash: how to enter the purchase of a corporate bond with accrued interest

Alice Lee alee212007 at satx.rr.com
Sat Mar 7 19:20:13 EST 2015

Bond premium and bond discount are recorded and amortized when the bond is
bought for more or less than the face value of the bond.  In other words,
the bond is worth more or less because of the current market interest rate
or the stability of the entity that issued the bond.  It is not the purchase
of a bond with accrued interest receivable.  Two different animals!