Scheduled Transactions and Payables

YeOldHinnerk HRamthun at gmx.de
Mon Mar 9 17:51:13 EDT 2015

Well....

- I guess I can "downgrade" those accounts to standard liability or asset
accounts. If the fields that come along with the payable / receivable can't
be used, there isn't much loss. Still slightly irritates me, as those
accounts actualy are payables / receivables.

- Well, with the german "Lastschriftverfahren", they can charge you whatever
amount, but you could object and get the money back (process is guaranteed
by the bank). So I want a way to check that the amounts charged are the
right ones. Essentially I want to see the payable account go down to zero at
the end of the month for each creditor. It is my way of controlling these
transactions. It is also proper, because I do have a contractual obligation
to pay for the month (in most cases), so booking this to payables at the
begin of the month isn't wrong or improper. It is more or less the same as
with a bill in the business case: The obligation exists, but the cashflow
will be later. Exactly what these accounts are for. Your way seems less
well-structured if I may say so. I guess it all depends on how many
transactions you have going through your checking account. In my case there
are about 50 a month or more.

- If there were reports or a banking interface using the date due of the
payables, it would make good sense to use payables. It not a question of
home-use, it is a question of how these fields are supported outside the
business module - which they aren't.

- I see the SX interface as a generic way to generate transactions, so it
should allow to populate all fields you can enter in a normal transaction.
The example with investments wasn't the best - but even that can happen:
E.g. you employer credits you some stock or options on a nominal basis.

Best,

YeOldHinnerk