No Default Value Setup Screen on Startup

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 12 10:55:45 EDT 2015

Hi,

haudi8 <haudi8 at mchsi.com> writes:

> I just installed gnucash on an Intel mac running osx10.10. The install
> went fine. When I started the application the first screen was an
> error message saying it could not find a Quicken file. Well I don't

I don't think this was an error message, especially if it's talking
about a quicken file.  It's GnuCash's first-run screen that offers to
help you IMPORT a Quicken file (on the assumption you are trying to
migrate from Quicken to GnuCash).

> wish to import from any files and don't understand why I ended up at
> this message. I have searched the Help Manual and expected to get the
> Can't Find Default Configuration Value Screen.

I have no clue what screen this is.  Perhaps you are looking for the
"New File Assistant"?  As Colin suggest, for that you use File -> New File

> Is there anyway I can go to it now? I have searched the menus and
> don't seem to find it. I tried Preferences, but that does not seem to
> get me there. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, no, you wont find anything labeled "Can't Find Default
Configuration Value" because frankly nothing like that exists.