Fwd: Re: GNU cash 2.4.11 trial balance bug?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Mar 15 16:49:35 EDT 2015

Wm wrote:
> Sun, 15 Mar 2015 12:42:51 <5505C49B.6010806 at tampabay.rr.com>  CCAAT
> <ccaat at tampabay.rr.com>
>
>>On 03/15/2015 09:00 AM, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:

>>I had 63K in consulting fees in 2012. I had zero income from consulting
>> in 2013 and 2014. I limited the dates for 2014 only. The trial balance
>>report still shows 63K. You tell me if that is a problem, accounting or
>>software wise.
>

>> I have had (2) old school accountants
>

>>and one recent (4.0) graduate with his CPA already, tell me it is a
>>problem. I look forward to your opinion.

Sadly, the reply was to Wm only and not to the list.
If you have given your point of view to those three mentioned people,
without presenting the view of someone like Mike Novack, you will get the
answer you got.

I doubt that you have paid 3 accountants for 3 separate opinions, so could
you change the question from
"This must be a bug, isn't it?"
"How might I understand better what I am seeing?"

There have been several comments about the difference between computerised
accounting and paper accounting. I suggest you go over those again,
because there are some key points in there.
Then choose a different report, one suggested already on the replies, and
see if using the best tool for the job produces the result you require.

We understand how you have reached this point. I think the "bug" is
maintaining a report called "Trial Balance"

Liz