Unable to change language

John Sjölin john.sjolin at swipnet.se
Mon Mar 16 06:35:04 EDT 2015

My interest for gnucash is for a customer.
Not being able to install gnucash in Swedish led me to search the net, where many have this problem with Swedish and in many cases solutions that do not work on computers runing a Swedish Windows operating system. I had tried all sugestions without success. I even stumbled on a script where languges are defined, but cannot remember where, perhaps the fault lies here.
If you call changing the name on the folder sv to se hacking, then yes I hacked it, this is the only change made by me.
The question remains why dosent LANG= sv_SE work, especialy that Sami is not translated?
I know you are right in your ref. to the ISO codes.
It would be interesting to hear if you are running on an English windows system and that sv_SE works there.
Other langugaes tried worked as instructed but not Swedish!
I have not tried gnucash on my Linux system as my customer uses Windows.
Another observation is that the Swedish translation is not total.

I apreciate your input.

John Sjölin