Re: Find Transaction Result – Can’t change View

farmerjohn rich.lipscomb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:48:37 EDT 2015

> Search output is considered a General Ledger (which is also always
> expanded) because the Search Results are generally not limited to a
> single account.  So no, there is no way to make it single-line mode.

> What exactly are you trying to do?  Perhaps there is a better way to do
> it, perhaps using something like the Transaction Report?

my wife has some out of pocket expenses she gets reimbursed for.  I print a
report of those expenses that have not been reimbursed for (in
expenses:teaching:supplies) as well as exclude the expenses she has been
reimbursed for and its corresponding reimbursement pmt.
(income:Reimbursements).  Presently, I am "tagging" with 'paid;' in the memo
field for those expenses that have been reimbursed.   The transaction Report
alows me to 'exclude'  "income:Reimbursements" which works well but I've yet
to figure out a way to exclude expenses tagged as 'paid;' in the memo field.
Here are the matching transactions I would want to exclude in the report:

expense:supplies  DR 25   Cash CR 25                 // memo: paid;
Cash DR 25  income:reimbursement  CR 25