Find Transaction Result – Can’t change View

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 17 10:51:01 EDT 2015

Hi,

farmerjohn <rich.lipscomb at gmail.com> writes:

> When I run a Search (Ctrl-F) on my accounts, the results in the "Search
> Results" tab are accurate, but I can't change the view:
>
> View -> "Transaction Journal" is selected but greyed out and I'm unable to
> change the view.  The reason I want to change the view is that I'd like to
> run an Account Report on the Results and have the output as one line for
> each transaction.   This is possible with Views "basic" or "auto-split" but
> not "Transaction Journal"  (unless I'm overlooking something).
>
> Is there a way to change the View or alternatively have the Account Report
> from the Search Results just be on one line per transaction?  thanks.

I'm afraid not.

Search output is considered a General Ledger (which is also always
expanded) because the Search Results are generally not limited to a
single account.  So no, there is no way to make it single-line mode.

What exactly are you trying to do?  Perhaps there is a better way to do
it, perhaps using something like the Transaction Report?