No Default Value Setup Screen on Startup

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Mar 19 13:24:57 EDT 2015

On Thursday 12 March 2015 12:02:36 Derek Atkins wrote:
> HI,
>
> On Thu, March 12, 2015 11:39 am, Haudi8 wrote:
> > 	Here is a direct copy from the Manual on your website:
> Thank you for pointing to the documentation...
>
> > 3.1.1. Cannot find default values screen
> >
> > The very first time you run GnuCash you will be presented with the
> > Cannot find default values screen that contains three buttons:
> >
> > Quit — exits GnuCash.
> >
> > Skip — continue without setting default display values for GnuCash.
> >
> > Setup — will open the Update GnuCash Configuration Data assistant
> > (see Section 3.1.2, “Update GnuCash Configuration Data assistant”
> > <http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-help/first-time.html#up
> > date-configuration-data>) to start the setup process for a new set
> > of default settings.
> Okay, now that I see what you're talking about..... This page does NOT
> always appear.  It only appears when it's needed which is only on
> some platforms some of the time.  If it's not needed (like it wasn't
> on your system) then it does not appear.

(Very technical addition to this post)

I'm almost sure this part of the documentation is now obsolete. If I remember correctly this
screen was relevant for GConf, which sometimes needed some additional configuration step at
first run. We have since switched to using GSettings which no longer needs this additional step.

I'm going through a large mail backlog right now. I'll look into this later and file a bug report if
necessary.

Geert