[Linux, command line] Importing transactions from bank account data file, into a gnucash account

geo909 geo909.fora at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 18:58:24 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I would like to write a linux script that imports the transactions from a
bank account data file to an existing gnucash account.

The bank account data file can be a quicken, quickbooks, excel, ms money,
simply accounting, ascii, or qif file.

I don't mind if the imported transactions show as "Imbalanced", as long as
everything is done from the command line, and without running the gnucash
gui.

I don't have the words to describe how convenient that would be! I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

George