[Linux, command line] Importing transactions from bank account data file, into a gnucash account

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:33:30 EDT 2015

I'm sure others on this list will make better suggestions, but in the past
I've had some success with "Expect", which would simulate user actions. I
used it as a last resort on some occasions, to great effect, when
appropriate scripting languages were not available. It's something like "an
external scripting language". The thing I really hated about Expect was
Tcl, which ranks only slightly ahead of INTERCAL in the programming
language pantheon. (At least, that's the way it was when I last used it a
decade ago.) I think there's a port of Expect to Perl; that might be worth
looking into.