How to change register font size on Windows?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Mar 20 03:36:11 EDT 2015

On Thursday 19 March 2015 22:54:54 Paul Salmon wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:40 PM, David Carlson
> <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
> >
> > Odd that the select theme tool didn't work for you.  It does change
> > the register font and font size for me in Windows 7.  You did save
> > the setting and restart GnuCash?
>
> Hm. Just tried it again just in case, using a ridiculous font just to
> make it obvious. Here's what I get: http://i.imgur.com/brg7HF5.png
>
> I've created a new file just to make sure it isn't something about my
> file. Also, I should point out that the list of accounts uses the
> font as selected; it's only the register that doesn't.
>
> Could this be a 2.6.5 regression or are you on 2.6.5 too?

As far as I know the only style manipulation gnucash does on fonts is (optionally) setting
the font color for negative numbers.

So the most likely cause of this issue is that the register font size is set in a .gtkrc-2.0 or
.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash file somewhere.

If I'm correct the "Select theme" tool writes to the former so you may want to check for a
.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash file on your system.

Regards,

Geert