Invoice suggestion

Fabio Coatti fabio.coatti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:23:19 EDT 2015

Hi all,
I need some suggestions about how to manage invoices.

I have invoices that should be built like this:

Item					Amount

A					100
B					10% of A
C					20% of A+B

And in report I need to print the amount of A and B, like it is a tax or something.

Basically, another way to see it is that an item is a tax (B) but in turn is subject to other
taxes, and at the bottom of invoice both B and C should be printed (and of course added
to proper account)

I'm not sure about best way to manage this situation: a shortcut is to compute by hand B,
insert it as invoice row and apply taxes (20%) to both b and c and this more or less works.

However, I'm wondering if there is a more automated way to manage it. let's say, have
gnucash to compute a row based on other rows (now taxes tables does something
similar, but not for two different taxes).

I hope to have overlooked something and that the solution is naive, so to save effort on
my side :), but has anyone has suggestions about how to tackle this?

I have no problems in modifying reports and also using python bindings if it could be
useful, however it would be great to start with some hint.

Many thanks.

--
Fabio