Invoice suggestion

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 20 12:09:33 EDT 2015

Hi,

Fabio Coatti <fabio.coatti at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I need some suggestions about how to manage invoices.
>
> I have invoices that should be built like this:
>
> Item					Amount
>
> A					100
> B					10% of A
> C					20% of A+B
>
> And in report I need to print the amount of A and B, like it is a tax
> or something.

Set up B and C as two entries in a Tax Table.  Provided that B is always
10% and C is always 20% then you can manually compute the value C as a
fixed percentage of A (independent of B).

You can compute the C' percentage by:
   C(1+B) == .2 * (1+.1) == .2 * 1.1 == .22  == 22%

So you would create a tax table where
  B == 10% of A
  C == 22% of A (which is 20% of A+B)