strange install problem

Compusafe compusafe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 00:20:18 EDT 2015

I'm totally new to gnucash and am very keen to get started.
I run windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.

I downloaded the latest installation file [gnucash-2.6.5-setup.exe] and
went through the whole installation process, accepting defaults such as
location of the files, creating shortcuts etc.

Everything went smoothly - except that windows has no record of the
software having been installed. No install directory, no shortcuts,
windows 8
does not find the gnucash installed program, etc.

I disabled all protection (firewall etc) and reinstalled, and also tried
on a different
machine running the same OS - identical result.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

David Kinston
melbourne.au