Won't let me enter expenses or income prior to the date I downloaded software?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 04:37:28 EDT 2015

On 22 March 2015 at 22:47, Kevin Cox <coxkjc at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I downloaded Gnucash on 3/20/15 and I want to enter expenses from the beginning of the month and from the beginning of the year but it won't let me enter any dates prior to the date I downloaded it. Am I not allowed to enter things in a Expense Account prior to the date I downloaded it?

What happens when you type a date that it does not like.  Tell us
exactly what you type in the date field and exactly what happens.
Just a thought, are you entering the date in the right format
(DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY or whatever is appropriate)?

What happens if you try to use the calendar popup by clicking on the
little icon shown in the date field when you click it?

Colin